Sermon Notes 9.19-20.20
Big Idea - Sometimes the Holy Spirit has to break through barriers in us before He breaks barriers through us.
- Recap of Acts 9:1 - 10:8
- Peter, Aeneas, Tabitha and Cornelius
- This week clean & unclean = food, next week it = people
- Acts 10:9-16 - Surely not, Lord!
- Peter the Disagreeable Disciple
- Reminiscent of Ananias
- Not the first time Peter argued with Jesus - Matthew 16:21-23
- Define Rebuke
- Still not keeping up with Jesus
- Closer look at each disagreement - Jesus Reacts to Peter Differently
- Matthew 16:21-23
- Acts 10:9-16
- Peter’s Emotions
- Peter disagreed but continued listening to Jesus
- TK continued listening
- What has God been saying to you?
- How does that make you feel?
- What are you going to do about it? (Ask for help interpreting)